Wednesday, August 1, 2007

We move along..

Those of you that know me personally might get the impression that I'm an eternal optimist. You'd be right to some extent. For some reason, I truly do believe that good things will come my way... eventually. Maybe it's because if I want something, I'm pretty darn persistent in getting it.

However, there are times... like today, when you've got to let go. As much as you believe in a particular dream coming true, reality still has the final say. At situations like this, you make decisions. It might not be the one that gives you the greatest happiness/satisfaction in that point in time, but I've learnt (still learning really) that it's equally important to make that call and to stick to it. Perhaps it's an illusion of control. *shrug*

If you've ever had to give up something precious, you'd understand. The only consolation is to try and think of the bigger picture. Maybe the door you just closed opened up another one.

Or maybe that door might one day open again.

No comments: