Tuesday, August 28, 2007

When it clicks



















My mom was saying that she needed a watch a few days ago, so I thought I might as well get an early birthday gift for her (since it's the sale season). Since I was getting mom one, I thought what the heck, I might as well get one for dad too.

The watch shop had way too many choices, but this pair kinda jumped out at me. It's funny how there are times when something 'speaks' to you. I could almost hear the mechanical squeaks of "Buy me! Buy me!". It's like that for a lot of things in life. Whether it's a shirt, a pair of shoes, or a person, it's nice when something clicks. Call it intuition; it's a great feeling to have when something feels so right.

Malcom Gladwell talks about something similar in his book 'Blink', though I'd recommend you skip that one and just read his classic 'The Tipping Point'. ;)

1 comment:

Bry™ said...

thats a nice pair ;)...of watches I mean.