Thursday, August 16, 2007

Res-teppa

Most of us drag ourselves into the car every morning to make the long arduous journey to work. Some put on their own music, some poorer people (like myself) listen to the radio. Those that do, get bombarded with chirpy sounding people, and worse, chirpy advertising!

I must say though, I have much respect for the radio talents out there. The guy that does the pizza hut ads? He gets me all the time with his enthusiasm about sausage wrapped pizzas and cheese. I wonder how he puts himself in that 'mood' in order to communicate that the pizza itself is probably the most profound thing that's happened to him.

Then it hit me. He holds his breath! Think about it! What gets your adrenaline pumping like a little suffocation? Deprive yourself of oxygen while reading your lines and you wind up sounding like a pizza desperado whose life depends on it. (in the talents case, finishing his damn lines)

Goonandtryitandyou'lldiscoveri'mprobablyrightafterwhichyouwishyouhadn'tbecauseyou'refeelingratherfaint. *gasp*

No comments: