Sunday, August 12, 2007

Hair Asia???

When I was out driving yesterday, I saw a peculiar truck. It looked like a huge Air Asia banner, but wait a second! It had 'Hair Asia' plastered on the sides instead!

From the 2 seconds as I was 'not' speeding by, it seemed like Hair Asia is some sort of portable hair salon service. (with no frills I betcha)

1) What the hell is a no frills hair-cut (assuming that it IS their sales pitch)
"Hokay sah, ere's ow it works. Your haircut is honly RM4. BHUT we honly provide the cutting. If you wanna to sit down, 'kerusi' kena rent. If you want more than one type of scissors, have to pay. If you want the plastic cover, that cost extra dollars. Hair wash all, longkang situ."

2) Do knock offs like these really work for a hair salon?
I should've taken down their number just to see if they'll be in operation 6 months from now. In my line, I see alot of FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) products that're made by local boys, but have an almost criminal resemblance to the international brand right next to it. I've seen it. It WORKS. People blindly pick the pack up without much scrutiny. (after all, some of these brands invested a large wad of cash to gauge their consumer reactions to the packaging design)

I bet they're really proud when moms go home and pick out their new purchase and go

"Doupe"

1 comment:

Rose said...

'hair wash all, longkang situ'. HAHAHHA, that's the funniest thing i've read all day! and i'm just about to fall into bed, so thank you for making the day that much better :)

i did it, i started a blog (my gf kept pestering me till i finally said okay). gotta please the fans right? haha.

www.carebearsmagic.blogspot.com

drop by sometime :)