Sunday, August 5, 2007

Tastes just like chicken

I read this article a few days ago. In a nutshell, they somehow linked some proteins from Mr. Rex to birds. I'm no scientist, so I won't try to explain what's in it, but I thought it was a catchy title.

Did it really taste like chicken? I don't know, but did you ever wonder where the phrase came from? If you think about it, there are quite a few types of meat that's available in a regular western diet.
No one ever calls the other meats 'just like chicken' (your usual suspects of beef, lamb, venison, turkey). So what would they have had to try to say it tasted like chicken? How many weird things would they have had to taste to coin that phrase?

Lets look at the Chinese diet. We don't go "Hou chi kai kam yeong" at all! Mind you, we eat anything that moves (and plenty of those that don't). If there's anyone that could've logically come up with it, it's the Chinese!




No comments: