Monday, August 20, 2007

Interesting times - August

After work yesterday, I did something that I've never done before. I played postman.

Getting out from my car, I noticed an envelope on the street (rolled over a few times). Upon closer inspection, turns out that it was for "Uncle Chong and family" scribbled in kid-write. The address was not my street, but it was close enough that prompted me to pick it up and go hunt. I found the place easy enough, but after delivering it, I had a few random thoughts.

1) The house I delivered it to didn't really look like an "Uncle Chong and family" place. It was more of an "Ah Chong's ah longs" house. (YES I got the address right) Did an Uncle Chong really live there?

2) If it really was the correct house, what impact did my actions have? Too many hollywood movies have made me wonder if I sparked off a chain of events that might never have happened if I left that letter alone.

Does any of it matter? Nope. Just another interesting event in my 'interesting' life.

1 comment:

Bry™ said...

what a premise for a hollywood thriller!