Friday, September 21, 2007

Tasered

Some of you might have heard of that college kid being tasered in the States. You can see it through this youtube vid; essentially he asks ex-presidential candidate John Kerry some scathing questions, and got his ass handed to him by the cops.

Police brutality issues aside, I thought it was an interesting situation for John Kerry. I'm unaware of his future political plans, but I think this incident might've just sunk whatever ship of hope he has.

My opinion is this; he had 3 possible routes of action:

1) Allow the kid to get his questions off, and answer them (acknowledge or deny, it doesn't matter)
2) Asked the authorities to stop man handling the kid
3) Do nothing

He chose route 3, which I think was a mistake. By taking action, it would at least show he had a spine. I really believe that not doing anything lost him any shred of respect he had left, at least from this particular demographic.

No comments: