Saturday, September 29, 2007

The God of marketing?

I spoke about Luck in my previous post, and with the onslaught of the Halo 3 marketing campaign, I was/am sufficiently awed to write about the God of marketing. (GOM)

First of, unlike Luck, which is omnipresent, GOM would only need to be present in specific situations. Ie; Luck would need to be around me at all times because there IS a micron of a chance that I'd hit my keyboard keys wrong, resulting in it snapping off the panel, rebounding off the screen and into my eye, causing extreme pain *gasp* and possibly blindness.

GOM on the other hand, has jurisdiction over any situation that requires negotiation and/or persuasion.

I know, I know, you could call him (him or her?) the God of persuasion, but let me be!

So yeah, when GOM's on your side, you shall have the power to sell whatever wares you have, including yourself. At the bar trying to impress someone? He's on the job if you score major points, or perhaps he'll send his lesser self 'The God of Don't let me say something stupid', or 'God of Stop staring at her boobs' if he wants to watch you navigate tougher terrain.

Right now I'm just wondering if he's by my side. If my rambling resulted in any form of positive facial muscle moving, thanks GOM. You're the best!

No comments: