Sunday, September 9, 2007

Tabula rasa

Ever wish you had a chance for a fresh start?

I first heard of this phrase from a colleague that tattooed it to her wrist. In a gist, it's Latin for 'clean slate', and its philosophical essence simplified infers that we're born as blank sheets to be filled.

In the past couple of months, there have been a few things happening in my life that put me in a introspective mood. Good and bad, I suppose they made me sit up and realize a few things about myself. If you've ever paused and noticed the recurring patterns (hopefully not nightmares) in your life, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Unfortunately, there's no reset button in life. Everything we do has made its mark, with consequences immediate or delayed. The best we can do is make what little adjustments we can, and hope for the best.

1 comment:

Rose said...

yo! i hope you had an awesome first day at the new job! look forward, don't dwell, learn, love, and most of all, live!

wah, so philosophical la me today, hehehe.

i start my first day at the new job tomorrow. have to wake up early man, dammit! i wish money grew on trees. or more realistically, i wish some millionare would fall in love with me, then i'll be set for life...hahhaa.

.... and yes, that IS realistic Soon Min! hahaha!