Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Lady luck

Warning: Some ranting ahead.

I've recently had a spate of bad luck. It really does seem to happen in spurts. Amongst the things that've happened include my Xbox dying; the repairs of which will cost me RM250, realizing that my sense of humour could've possibly given me the title 'weirdo' amongst some new colleagues, and a routine back exercise gone wrong, resulting in me sitting here typing in pain. All this in one week!

Sweet frikkin as.

After all that, I paused and wondered about luck itself. Itself? Herself? Himself? It's often that you hear the westerners call her Lady luck. So my guess is that if she's hanging around you, you're lucky. If she's gone away, you've gotta watch your back extra close (literally in my case).

So where would luck go? I mean, there ARE 6.7 billion people on the planet and a whole bunch of them can be lucky at the same time. That, coupled with my belief that she's pretty much omnipresent, tells me it's not an issue of lack of woman-power. So the 'her' that's usually with me is simply unavailable at the moment.

Maybe I did something to run afoul of her favour - Can't recall any misdeeds in the past month..

Maybe she's on a vacation - It's springtime in New Zealand after all. Great time to visit the botanical gardens in Christchurch.

Perhaps she's on a date - She's probably having a wonderful meal with... who would she date?

Wherever she is, whatever she's doing, I hope she comes back soon. *crosses fingers*

No comments: