Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Raya

It's the Raya season here, which I actually love. Foods great, public holidays, and fabulous traffic. What's there not to like?

Oh, and how can I forget our hard working law enforcers. Despite the heat, they diligently man obscure roads, making sure we abide by every rule for; I'm sure, our own safety. Even past midnight, when they must be tired from all that fasting, they seem to be inspired by this holy month to work even harder. Piety moves mountains.

Or was it the almighty Ringgit?

I can understand the pressure. It's the festive month. Everyone else is buying new stuff, and you've got 100 kids to feed. You need the extra dough. I get it. In fact, I don't even blame you. It's the system.

Work 11 years in the force to be paid RM1,000? Heck. I'd friggin mug someone under those circumstances.

So peace out Mr. Teh tarik chugging, Nasi Lemak stuffing, Saya Anti-Rasuah Policeman. Malaysia loves you.

2 comments:

Rose said...

i like posts like this that make you feel 'only a malaysian would understand', hehhee. who else would understand the meaning of the teh tarik and nasi lemak. it's pretty cool to be malaysian huh?

Hugin said...

The coolness stops at the cops. ;)
hehe.