Friday, October 19, 2007

Fate strikes again

I think life's interesting most of the time. I do believe in a higher power/s, and for some reason, I think they're having a good time at my expense. (ooh the arrogance!) Here's another story to hang on my virtual wall.

The other day I went to the hospital to do a health check that required me getting a chest x-ray. Of all dozen or so doctors behind the counter, there was this really cute one that I saw. So naturally I just said a small prayer hoping that she'd be the one to 'serve' me.

Lo' and behold, she called my name! So blablabla with the forms/details/x-ray, which were done in less than 5 minutes, then she tells me to wait for her while she gets my file to another (more senior I assume) doc to approve.

So as I waited, I'm thinking, "Jeez, she's cute, and she did give me a neat smile when she asked me to take my shirt off. Maybe I ought to ask her out". (yes we are that simple) A few minutes of nervous fidgeting later, I decided I was going to do it. I thought up the lamest line I could think of, and even got out my business card so I could slip it to her quick like... and I waited..

And waited.. (I could see her scuttling around)

And waited.. (She's glancing my way, yessah!)

And waited.. (She disappears for a prolonged time)

Till I got fed up and just wanted outta there, only to have this DUDE announce my name right that minute. So... disappointed... dejected... I made my way to the payment counter. There I thought, "Godsdamnit, I'm gonna walk right by there again, and if she's there, I'm bloody well walking in and giving her my card some way or another".

So after I pay them, I walk back there... and.. she's. just. not. there.

Gimme a break will ya'll? Sigh. =\

1 comment:

Shuuji said...

Ouch. Tell me the hospital name and which ward. I'll go "Finish the Fight". Hehehhe.

Its just so happens I need to get my health screening done.