Monday, October 8, 2007

D Day

I've been meaning to kick this project off earlier, but kept putting it off. This post contains the first (hopefully of many) of my '100 Words' series, which are simply stories exactly 100 words long, about pretty much anything I care to write about. I was inspired by Neil Gaiman, my favourite author, who wrote one such story in his book 'Smoke & Mirrors'.

So without further faffing, this one's about a special day for a special person. Hope you like it.

-.-

The first thing to greet her that morning was the ‘Beep’ of her alarm clock, followed by the annoying Dj who always seems to enthusiastically claim that every song he plays is ‘all new’. Bollocks. She honestly believes Tuesdays are no better than Mondays; nor any working day for that matter. She braves the curtains to be greeted by firsthand sunlight. Too much, too fast; she shuts it. 3 messages glow on her mobile; each wishing her a great one. “I’ll try”, she thinks. It starts to vibrate, revealing his call… and she smiles her first smile of her year.

-.-

5 comments:

Little Miss Vinylmation said...

Maxis barred my phone grrr. But I can still receive - thanks! Love the 100 words :) Come to my party on friday? Sky Bar in Traders yay.

Rose said...

good story, please do more. i need something to distract me from my work.

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

Hehehe contemporary fiction hehehe this shall be interesting. My writing teacher shall be pleased hehhe..

Shuuji said...

Eeew.....mush.