Sunday, February 10, 2008

Karmic thoughts

On the way to work today, I saw a really ugly person. (I can hear the boos and hisses, but don't you dare tell me that you've never had those thoughts!)

As soon as "Damn that person's ugly" crossed my mind, thanks to social conditioning, I felt a little guilty. Just a little. That person really was ugly.

Then my mind decided to do a little more leg work and started thinking about karma, and how if we do bad things, bad things happen to us right? (I'm a believer btw!) So what happens if you're constantly thinking bad thoughts like that?

If I get this right, the logic goes:
If you do bad things, bad things happen to you in the future.
If you think bad things... people tend to think badly of you in the future?

My argument against that is, it's not as if I focussed my mind on thinking nasty things; It just happens! I think before I... 'think'.

So... will karma work in this situation? Or does it only apply to the physical realm?..

2 comments:

Bry™ said...

if thoughts are karmic, then a whole lotta girls have been gettin 'nasty' thoughts about the Bryster. LOL.

Hugin said...

lols. eh, the logic of that would be:
Bry: I'd hit that
Girls: I'd hit that too (maybe not in the way you want)

haha