Friday, November 9, 2007

Story #5 - Influences

This was really inspired by my recent drugged frame of mind. I've had this stupid cough for the past 3 weeks, and despite finishing nearly 3 goddamn bottles of cough syrup, IT'S STILL HERE.
So...here's an ode to my cough.

-.-

Things seem real funny in a cough syrup haze,
My body feels not of my own,
My vision is all blurry in a cough syrup haze,
A perfect sentence just comes out as a groan.

My hands feel like jelly in a cough syrup haze,
I’ve scalded myself with hot water,
It’s alright though cause I’m in a cough syrup haze,
Pain now might translate into laughter.

Lie down they say when in a cough syrup haze,
You can’t walk straight much less drive,
It’s one helluva ride this cough syrup haze,
Just one spoonful, go ahead, take the dive.

-.-

2 comments:

Little Miss Vinylmation said...

Wow. I think the virus got to your head. *rhyming zombie grrrr*

Shuuji said...

I believe "cough syrup haze" is the closest you'll get to drunken euphoria. XD