Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Disgusting

(Warning: Rant ahead)

Fly fm has this segment they call 'Fix It', where people send in their problems to get them... sorted. Some are good and legit issues, and some are just seriously messed up. I heard one the other day that just made me cringe.

The conversation went something like this:

Fly: Hello XXX, blablabla, we've got your msg, and you say that you have no money to shop during this holiday because you're just a temporary worker/intern.

Girl: Oh yes yes, blabla poor me, bla bla bla.

Fly: (Jokingly. They try...) We sorted a way to get you some cash. You just need to help us wash some cars.

Girl: (In the most whiny, pathetic, put me out of my misery voice) Alahhhh.

Fly: Okok. We don't wanna waste your time, so we've decided to give you RM300!

Girl: (As bimbo as you can sound) Yay. My problems fixed. bla bla bla!

It was one of the most disgusting conversations I've heard. All this girl wants is some cash and is obviously allergic to any form of effort in regards to obtaining it.

I'm not sure who to blame. Western culture for introducing holiday spending? Aku-tak-kisah mentality of spoilt kids brought up badly? or a bad decision for a radio station to oblige such an asinine request.